Tuesday, May 3, 2011

F I N A L L Y

The day finally arrived. Child #2 faced her fears (namely, wobbling) and rode her bicycle for the first time today! REALLY riding, no training wheels!
I told her we were done with messing around with training wheels, done with the trailer bike, and she would learn this year!
We did have to resort to a threat, sort of. She really wanted a new soccer ball too, but she wasn't going to get one until she could ride her bike. She's a determined little thing when she sets her mind to it, so we made a visit to Target right after her riding session and got her a soccer ball (with pink stripes on it, of course).

I think it's going to be a fun summer.

2 comments:

  1. Riding a bike properly is an achievement that a child never forgets...getting a pink striped football as well is double magic...!!

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. and then she said "Daddy! you were right! this IS fun!"
    I just rolled my eyes and sighed...

    ReplyDelete